Collect Art Purchase Scheme
COLLECT lets you take it home today with the ability to pay over 12 months. Subject to terms and conditions.
Design Tasmania is part of the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme which offers Australian residents twelve month interest-free loans to purchase artworks (including furniture, jewellery, ceramics and glassware) by contemporary Tasmanian artists. It is an initiative of Arts Tasmania through its industry development support program.
To be eligible for a COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loan you must:
- be a resident of Australia, verifiable with proof of identification and proof of address
- be 18 years of age or over
- be an individual buying art for private use not for any commercial undertaking or business activity
- not have any other outstanding COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loans
- currently operate an Australian bank or building society account that can process direct debits
- not be a current employee of the arts business from which the artwork will be purchased
- not be a current employee of Arts Tasmania
- have read and accepted the terms and conditions of a COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loan.
How much can you borrow?
- The minimum amount you can borrow is $1000 and the maximum is $8500.
- The minimum retail price for an artwork able to be purchased using a COLLECT loan is $550, so you will need to buy at least two $550 artworks to be eligible for a $1000 loan.
- The maximum retail price for an artwork able to be purchased using a COLLECT loan is $11500, so to buy an artwork retailing above $8500, you will need to pay the balance as a deposit.
- For example, if you purchase an artwork retailing at $11500, you may borrow up to $8500 and will need to pay a deposit of $3000, which is the difference between loan amount and the value of the artwork.